How to Make Rice Crispy Treat Edibles
Rice crispy treats are a beloved childhood dessert that brings back memories of gooey, crispy goodness. But did you know that you can also turn these tasty treats into a delightful edible? Making rice crispy treat edibles is a fun and creative way to enjoy your favorite childhood snack with a twist. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make rice crispy treat edibles.
– 3 tablespoons of cannabutter (or regular butter)
– 1 package of marshmallows
– 6 cups of rice crispy cereal
– Cooking spray
1. In a large pot, melt the cannabutter over low heat. If you don’t have cannabutter, you can easily make it by infusing regular butter with cannabis beforehand.
2. Once the butter is melted, add the marshmallows to the pot. Stir continuously until the marshmallows are completely melted and well combined with the butter.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and add the rice crispy cereal. Mix well until all the cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.
4. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and press it down evenly with a spatula or your hands.
5. Allow the treats to cool and set for about an hour. Once they are firm, cut them into desired shapes and sizes.
Now that you know how to make rice crispy treat edibles, let’s address some common questions about this process:
1. How potent will the edibles be?
The potency of the edibles depends on the strength of the cannabutter used. Adjust the dosage of cannabutter according to your preference and tolerance.
2. Can I use store-bought cannabis-infused products instead of making cannabutter?
Yes, you can use store-bought cannabis-infused butter or oil as a substitute for homemade cannabutter. Just follow the same melting process and mix it with the marshmallows.
3. Can I store the edibles?
Yes, you can store the rice crispy treat edibles in an airtight container for up to a week. Keep them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
4. Can I freeze the edibles?
Yes, you can freeze the edibles for up to three months. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container.
5. How long does it take for the edibles to kick in?
The effects of edibles can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours to kick in. Start with a small portion and wait to assess the potency before consuming more.
6. Can I add other ingredients or flavors to the rice crispy treats?
Yes, you can get creative with your rice crispy treat edibles. Add chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruits to enhance the flavor and texture.
7. Can I use a different cereal instead of rice crispy cereal?
Yes, you can experiment with different cereals like corn flakes or bran flakes. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may vary.
8. Can I use marshmallow fluff instead of marshmallows?
Yes, you can use marshmallow fluff as a substitute. Use about 1.5 cups of marshmallow fluff for every 10 ounces of marshmallows.
9. Can I make vegan rice crispy treat edibles?
Yes, you can make vegan rice crispy treat edibles by using vegan marshmallows and plant-based butter or margarine.
10. Can I add food coloring to the mixture?
Yes, you can add a few drops of food coloring to the melted marshmallow mixture for a fun and colorful twist.
11. Can I use this recipe to make other types of edibles?
Yes, you can use this recipe as a base for making other types of edibles. Simply replace the rice crispy cereal with other ingredients like crushed cookies or granola.
12. How much edibles should I consume?
Start with a small portion and wait at least two hours before consuming more. Edibles can have a delayed onset, and it’s essential to be cautious to avoid overconsumption.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to get creative in the kitchen and enjoy your homemade rice crispy treat edibles! Remember to consume responsibly and be aware of the potency of your edibles.