How Much Can You Buy at a Dispensary in MI?
With the legalization of recreational marijuana in Michigan, many residents are curious about the purchasing limits at dispensaries. Understanding the regulations and restrictions can help ensure a smooth and legal buying experience. So, how much can you buy at a dispensary in MI? Let’s delve into the details.
In Michigan, adults aged 21 and older are legally allowed to possess and purchase marijuana. The purchasing limits vary depending on the type of product. Here are the limits for different marijuana products:
1. Flower: Adults can purchase up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana flower per day.
2. Concentrates: Up to 15 grams of marijuana concentrates, such as wax or shatter, can be purchased per day.
3. Edibles: Customers can buy up to 10 milligrams of THC per serving, with a maximum of 100 milligrams per package.
4. Topicals: There are no limits on the amount of THC allowed in topicals, such as creams or lotions.
Now, let’s address some common questions regarding purchasing limits at dispensaries in Michigan:
1. Can I buy marijuana if I am under 21?
No, only individuals aged 21 and older can legally purchase marijuana in Michigan.
2. Can I purchase more than one product type in a single day?
Yes, you can purchase a combination of flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals as long as you stay within the specified limits for each category.
3. Can I buy more than the daily purchasing limit if I visit multiple dispensaries?
No, the daily purchasing limit applies across all dispensaries in Michigan.
4. Can I purchase marijuana products online?
Yes, online orders for pickup or delivery are available in Michigan, but you must still adhere to the daily purchasing limits.
5. Are medical marijuana patients subject to the same purchasing limits?
No, registered medical marijuana patients in Michigan have higher purchasing limits, allowing them to buy up to 2.5 ounces of flower or its equivalent within a 14-day period.
6. Can I purchase marijuana products from out-of-state dispensaries?
No, you can only legally purchase marijuana products from licensed dispensaries within the state of Michigan.
7. Are there any restrictions on the amount of CBD I can buy?
No, there are no limits on the amount of CBD products you can purchase in Michigan.
8. Can I share my purchased marijuana with others?
Yes, you can share marijuana with others as long as they are 21 or older. However, it is illegal to sell or distribute marijuana without a license.
9. Can I consume marijuana in public?
No, it is illegal to consume marijuana in public places in Michigan. Consumption is only permitted in private residences.
10. Can I travel with marijuana purchased from a dispensary?
Traveling with marijuana is allowed within the state of Michigan, but it is illegal to transport it across state lines.
11. Can I buy marijuana if I am not a Michigan resident?
Yes, as long as you are 21 or older, you can purchase marijuana products from Michigan dispensaries, regardless of your residency.
12. Can I grow my own marijuana plants?
Yes, adults aged 21 and older are allowed to grow up to 12 marijuana plants for personal use, as long as they are kept in a secure and locked area.
Understanding the purchasing limits and regulations at dispensaries in Michigan is crucial to ensure compliance with the law. Whether you are a seasoned consumer or a first-time buyer, it is always advisable to stay informed and ask any additional questions to the knowledgeable staff at the dispensaries.