How Much Can I Buy From a Dispensary in Michigan?
As marijuana laws continue to evolve across the United States, it is important for cannabis users to understand the regulations and restrictions in their respective states. If you reside in Michigan, you may be wondering how much you can buy from a dispensary. Here is a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the purchasing limits and regulations in the state.
In Michigan, the legal purchase limit for recreational marijuana is 2.5 ounces (70.87 grams) for residents who are 21 years of age or older. However, you can possess up to 10 ounces (283.49 grams) in your residence for personal use. These limits apply to both flower (bud) and concentrates.
It is important to note that these limits are for recreational users. Medical marijuana patients in Michigan can purchase up to 2.5 ounces of usable marijuana, which includes both flower and concentrates, every 14 days. Additionally, registered patients can possess up to 10 ounces in their residence.
Now, let’s address some common questions regarding purchasing limits in Michigan:
1. Can I buy more than 2.5 ounces if I have a medical marijuana card?
– Yes, medical marijuana cardholders can purchase up to 2.5 ounces every 14 days.
2. Can I purchase both flower and concentrates within the legal limit?
– Yes, the purchasing limit applies to both flower and concentrates.
3. Can I buy marijuana if I am under 21 but have a medical card?
– No, the legal age for purchasing marijuana in Michigan is 21, regardless of medical status.
4. Can I purchase marijuana from multiple dispensaries in a day?
– Yes, there is no restriction on the number of dispensaries you can visit in a day.
5. Can I share my purchased marijuana with others?
– No, it is illegal to share or sell marijuana to individuals who are not of legal age or without a medical card.
6. Can I possess marijuana in my vehicle?
– Yes, you can possess marijuana in your vehicle as long as it is in a sealed container and inaccessible to the driver.
7. Can I purchase marijuana online in Michigan?
– Yes, some licensed dispensaries offer online ordering and delivery services.
8. Are there any restrictions on the types of marijuana products I can purchase?
– No, as long as you stay within the legal purchase limits, you can choose from a variety of products such as edibles, topicals, and vape cartridges.
9. Can I use my out-of-state medical marijuana card to purchase in Michigan?
– No, Michigan only recognizes medical marijuana cards issued by the state.
10. Can I grow my own marijuana in Michigan?
– Yes, both recreational users and medical patients can grow up to 12 marijuana plants for personal use.
11. Can I consume marijuana in public places?
– No, it is illegal to consume marijuana in public places, including parks, streets, and restaurants.
12. Can I be fired from my job for using marijuana in Michigan?
– Yes, employers in Michigan can still enforce drug testing policies and discipline employees for marijuana use, even if it is for recreational purposes.
It is crucial to stay informed about the current regulations in your state to ensure you are compliant with the law. Remember, marijuana laws are subject to change, so always stay updated on any new developments.